Monday, August 31, 2009

car maintenance - front strut bar

OH my gawd, I am so caught up with work, i hardly have time for personal activities other than work, not to mention updating my blog. Back to back plant shutdowns proved too taxing on inspection engineers like me.

Oh well, first year of my work life just went by.. yupe.. i am now into my second. Definitely still tonnes of learning, reading to pump up my experience. In fact, it's a never ending. Nevertheless, life goes on.

Just to update some maintenance on my precious Corolla..

OH right, RON 95 is already in the market. Does not affect my baby much because manual recommends RON 95 for her..

Got this recond. stabilizer bar few months back. Left it in my Boot ever since, until today when i found time to install it. It is a 2 point bar with 3 mounts. 2 ends bolt on to the absorber mounting and another to the engine firewall.




















The hardest part was to dismantle the two wipers and the plastic enclosure between the front mirror and the engine firewall.
After that i had to fit my fingers into very very limited space to bolt on mounting using M8 sized bolts and nuts.




















The view of my engine. Its internal properly lubricated with top spec Syntium full synthetic 5W40. 5 points grounding wire to ensure smooth current flow not forgetting latest addition, the bar.


















Compared to my previous ah Beng sunny which focuses more on performance with bolt-on race carburators and humongous 2" tail pipe, this ride is the total opposite.
Reliability and comfort is top priority.

A quick visit to the mechanic today to change front brake pads and a pair of rear tires. i opted for continental comfort contact-1 to substitute my old NCT5.
CC1 in the front, Michelin XM1 at the rear. Both are of almost equal class ( just like comparing civic to altis, or camry to accord). i could probably do a personal review after a year or so.. stay tune.

2 comments:

Choon said...

y so messy your car cable.. adoi..

Unknown said...

A picture says 1000 words :) If you need some help to get some more horsepower to your car just use a fuel catalyst.