Monday, September 15, 2008

DIY complete and wholesome meal

Here i am, in Bintulu, 600 km away from home, mummy's not here to cook me her special home recipe, and my craving for home cook cuisine is starting to get unbearable. Eating out at kopitiam ain't healthy at all. With all that MSG ( mono sodium glutamate ) in my blood, I'll bound to get bald pretty soon, which isn't a good sign at all.

Considering that it's the weekend and I've plenty of time to spare, might as well i try my hands on stirring up a complete wholesome meal on my own.

There i was, the night before, doing my rounds at a local supermarket, glancing through all the food labels as i whizzed passed them armed with a basket and later proceeded on to intently checking on their contents, comparing the different brands before finally placing them neatly into the basket.

Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, i am about to share with u a very very simple, easy to kaotim yet healthy recipe specifically targeted for the following age group:

17-25 yrs old male
Bachelor,
Does not live with parents,
Have tendency to slip till late morning,
Hates washing dishes,


If you are in that age group, read on..


Utensils:

1) A slow cooker that cooks small portion meant for 1-2 person.
2) A kitchen knife
3) A chopping board
4) A bowl
5) A spoon and fork


Ingredients:


1) Quarter of a whole chicken
2) Chinese herbs ( no idea what's written on the packet )
3) Vegetable ( any type )



















Utensils and ingredients in place


Firstly, chop the quarter of a chicken into 4 pieces



















Rest in pieces ch icky


Tear open the pack of herbs and rinse it thoroughly before placing it into the pot



















Chinese goodness in the pot



Then, add the four pieces of chicken into the pot and fill the pot with water. Do make sure that the water level is not at the tip of overflowing because when it boils, you are gonna get herbal juice all over your kitchen.
























Chicken in herbs




TADAAAAA.... The next morning, when i open my room's door, the aroma of the herbs enters my nostrils, my nerves continuously sending signals to my brain which interprets it , sent it back to my stomach which in turn makes this noise "blub blub blub". All that activity in just less than a sec. Anatomy of a human body is a a rather fascinating thing, ain't it?



















Flaw detected : forgot to cut off excess fats on chicken


To have a balance meal, I've added vegetable into the soup.
























Is it Sawi?


Add vegetable into the soup and let it simmer for another half hour.



















Freshly cut Sawi



There you have it... it's finger licking good. * mimics Mr Kentucky.


















Wholesome meal


Darn, this article about food makes me hungry. Do check out my blog for other wholesome goodness recipe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha can eat one ma???

ahmike.net

poo said...

food digested lo.