Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm going deep sea fishing ! - Perfection

After working 3days ,12hrs straight, i was exhausted. Even the HappyTreeFriend Alarm tone which i find most irritating could not shake me up my feet. A quick morning shower, full of anticipation of what the rest of day might bring forth.




















After breakfast, we were greeted warmly at the jetty. There were 33 participants going in 2 fishing trawlers. After a quick check of attendance and group photo taking, we headed off to the open sea.




















The experienced captain utilized the sophisticated equipments on board to locate shoals of fish. Most of us did bottom fishing and in no time, landed plate size Kerapu, Ikan Pisang, Red snapper. Some even Reeled in 2 or more fish at one time.

























The afternoon sun and the salty sea breeze really baked our skin. I took time out to catch up on some sleep and reserved the action for the night.
























The moment opened my eyes, it was already dusk. Boat crew whipped up a delicious meal of Assam fish and Lady fingers. The Fresh fish meat cooked in Assam was totally... awesome.
























I Utilized two sets of rod and reels. One for bottom fishing another for casting. Before long, something big struck my line and dragged it several metres. Quickly increased the drag tension on my reel. Letting the fish tire out and then reel in. It was a tough fight. As i had on a braided line which could withstand 80lbs, i was pretty confident it wouldn't fail on me.




















There it was, a barracuda. The Barracuda is a real fierce fighter .
Moments later, my jig struck another big fish while casting. This time my rod and reel is put to test. My rod was bended up to a point it was about to break.. Had to play around with the drag tension a bit. Fortunately my 53Lbs line manage to hold up. There it was again, another barracuda.I breath a sign of relieve.




















Shamsuddin had a real fight with a Giant Travelly. This giant had all out lines tangled up.
























Tan manage to reeled up 2 fish at once.




















Bakar tamed a big size Giant Travelly and a huge Kerapu. He's a real happy man.




















As the night was getting late, most anglers went below deck to catch some sleep. A few enthusiastic ones remained faithful by their respective rods.




















All the fish caught aws quickly deposited into this ice box even before they draw their last breath.




















Our trip was cut short due to an unfortunate accident which prompt the captain to head back to jetty. We arrived at the jetty 4.30am the next day. Nonetheless, there were plenty of fish caught and distributed evenly among us, anglers. Each of us brought back approximately 6 kg of fish, enough to last us for a month.




















I had a great experience, certainly enjoyed myself. I'll be sure to join them for the next deep sea expedition next year.

1 comment:

Mas Light said...

waw that looks fun. my mum would enjoy that more than me though, coz i can't handle waiting for fish to eat the bait, but i would wait for the fish when it gets caught weeee..i'm to capture the moment XD